Posted by Rick Pearcey
"Recently, I was being interviewed on radio by a black woman," writes author and Townhall columnist Burt Prelutsky. "We were discussing my new book and were getting along just fine until she decided to attack me for suggesting that most of the racists in America are black."
* Janet Jackson: "She refuted my conclusion, arguing that even the brouhaha a few years back over Janet Jackson’s bared breast proved that white America was a racist society."
* Britney and Madonna: "I couldn’t believe my ears. I asked her if she’d been unaware of the stink raised over Britney Spears smooching with Madonna. And that display took place on a music awards show that had nothing near the audience that the Super Bowl commanded." . . .
* Black-on-Black: "The fact is, most blacks who are raped, robbed and murdered, are the victims, not of white bigots or white cops, but of black thugs."
* White Society Out to Get Them: "But some people find it easier to play the race card, to pretend every time black celebrities are arrested, it’s because rotten white society is out to get them. Funny how that works, though."
* And Yet: "The same society that arrested O.J. Simpson had first given him a college education and then handed him millions of dollars to play football, make movies, and run through airports in TV commercials.
"The very same society that arrested Michael Jackson, Mike Tyson and Kobe Bryant, first made them kazillionaires.
"It’s the same society that has made icons of Oprah Winfrey, Bill Cosby, Michael Jordan, Denzel Washington, Halle Berry, Tiger Woods, Quincy Jones, Alice Walker, Beyonce Knowles, Toni Morrison, Barry Bonds, Shaquille O’Neal, Colin Powell, Will Smith, Condoleezza Rice and, most recently, Barack Obama."
* Oprah Who? "If this were a racist society, believe me, we would not know any of those names."
Burt Prelutsky's column, "It's Black and White," is here.
Rick Pearcey is editor and publisher of The Pearcey Report.